This technology allows for diagnostics analysis of various biochemical structures including 2D and 3D networks via a chemical patterning technique without the use of expensive machinery, or the limitations of high temperatures. Additionally, this new method involves coating the paper to create localized hydrophobic and hydrophilic regions. The technique has been validated by various successful patterns and bioassays.
- Biomedical Screening of Diseases
- Environmental Monitoring (i.e. toxic metals in drinking water)
Features, Benefits and Advantages:
- Repeatable & Versatile method
- No temperature limitations like the current technologies on the market.
- Eliminates the need for expensive printers.
- Utilizes smart phones instead of a bench-top systems.
A U.S. Provisional patent application, 62/150,387 was filed on 04/21/2015 and a U.S. Utility application, 15135326 was filed on 04/21/16.
Work on the invention is still continuing.