The inventor has designed a fluid flow energy extraction system that requires no external rotor blades. The fundamental principle of the invention is to maximize the generation of high pressure potential in a passive structure. This is done through the design of a self-amplifying aerodynamic system consisting of two or more airfoils. The inventor has developed several embodiments for this concept.
• Wind Energy Systems
• Tidal Energy Systems
Features, Benefits & Advantages:
The placement of paired airfoils that take advantage of the acting aerodynamic pressures to produce a self-amplifying aerodynamic system. The system can be implemented in wind energy extraction devices removing the need for the external rotor blades traditionally associated with wind turbines.
• No exterior moving parts in the wind energy system
• Reduces noise pollution in wind turbine systems
• Minimal environmental threat to wildlife
• Minimal building vibrations
• Can be more aesthetically integrated into buildings
The initial design has been created but it has not been built and tested.