The technology merges data from both Visible Near Infrared Diffuse Reflectance Spectroscopy (VisNIR DRS) (350-2500 nm) with data from Portable X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry (PXRF) into proprietary algorithms for rapid, on-site characterization of soil chemical and physical parameters. This is a dual VisNIR/PXRF sensor system which integrates data seamlessly on-site using both data sets for optimized predictions of soil properties.
The technology allows for rapid soil analysis and can therefore be applied in the following fields:
- Regulatory Agencies (Environmental Protection Agency, State Commissions on Environmental Quality)
- Environmental Remediation
- Crop Science
- Oil & Hydrocarbon Exploration
Features, Benefits & Advantages:
- Rapid, less expensive, in-situ soil analysis and characterization
- Allows for soil analysis of large tracts with qualitative and quantitative information characteristics
- Enables soil scientists and remediation experts to access sample data in real-time allowing for instant feedback
The technology has been reduced to practice with excellent results. This is part of an ongoing research project and additional enhancements to optimize the integration of the data sets will continue.